Sephora Your Overwhelming 
Selection Keeps Me Outside!


There’s nothing in this world I’m more grateful for than when brands consider me and try to make my life easier by thinking ahead about my overall experience. In this digital era of abundance, we have so many choices that sometimes they serve the opposite of their purpose, overwhelming us and keeping us away. This is especially true if you are a woman trying to navigate the beauty industry.
 
 While brands don’t always prioritize our needs, I’m here to bring some relief and help you understand what to look for when you enter these shops. If you prefer to be practical, efficient, and effective while shopping, then this post is for you.



Why I Prefer Druni: Navigating the Overwhelming World of Sephora


I. Sephora focuses too much on influencer marketing


During my teen years, when I was obsessed with makeup, Instagram was exploding with beauty gurus. They were on the rise about 10 years ago, and so was Sephora along with them. Although Sephora has a history of being a well-known brand for makeup, it started to gain much more fame during this time. While this is an amazing strategy, I believe that incorporating a little bit of everything along the way is essential. Times change fast, and as I grew older, I started losing interest in beauty gurus and makeup in general, so I also started to lose interest in Sephora.


II. Overwhelming Selections


Even though I pay less attention to makeup now, it's still necessary in my life. I prefer to buy some good quality essentials, and from my old habits, I go to Sephora to find them. However, what happens is unexpected. It used to be easy for me to shop there because I knew what I wanted to buy, thanks to following beauty gurus and having a clear understanding of the products. But going there without a specific idea and hoping to explore is not the best practice. Their overwhelming selection makes me feel lost and tired, so I lose my desire to buy anything.

 

III. Disorganized and Confusing Product Showcase


The way products are organized is so confusing that I cannot tell where each section belongs. Is it skincare? Is it hair care? Is it makeup? I am completely lost, honestly. So, I attempt to ask the sales associates for assistance. You'll find yourself trying products for hours until you decide to buy one because you've tried so many that you can't tell the difference anymore. It becomes a "trust your gut instinct" type of purchase. For me, their products are too expensive to make decisions like that.




Why I Prefer Druni


Druni is a direct competitor to Sephora. Interestingly, it was never advertised to me online, and I had no idea it existed until recently. Weird, huh? I was surprised myself. In my attempt to create a skincare routine and buy some essential items after giving up on Sephora, I started looking for other similar brands. There must be a few, right? So, I discovered Druni, and it was so easy to find.

When I entered Druni, I felt relieved. I could easily tell which section belonged to which category. My first task was made easy—I didn't need to go around 3-4 times to find the skincare section. I thought, "Great, now I can think of which brands I want to try and combine," because I needed a few products.

I. A Pleasant Surprise 

 

Initially, I was quite intimidated, thinking I wouldn't find anything convincing based on my previous experience at Sephora. However, I was surprised to discover that I could understand the purpose of each product at Druni. Their product showcase is amazing. I started putting everything I needed into my basket without having to think too much because it was all provided in an easy-to-navigate way. Price-wise, Druni offers a range from drugstore products to fancy ones, giving you the choice. Sounds great, right?


II. From random to loyal customer


Nowadays, not only do I go there to refill my essentials, but I am also curious and willing to test other products they promote. Why? Because it's easy! I don't have all day to shop for the necessary stuff. I don't overconsume, and for me, shopping for beauty products is like going for groceries once every two months. So, it has to be easy, fast, and reasonably priced.

Summary

 

To summarize, I still haven't seen an ad from Druni, but I've started noticing some ads from Sephora on other social platforms besides Instagram. However, it's clear who I will choose between the two. Will I still buy at Sephora? Yes, but only if I need a specific product that I know I can find there. Am I their regular client? If brands are interested in occasional customers, then yes, you could say I am. But Druni is like "my favorite supermarket," my go-to choice, and I would only buy elsewhere if I couldn't find what I needed at Druni.

 

Sephora, I'm very nostalgic about you. You used to be my favorite brand for beauty products, but I think you should reconsider your marketing strategy. Your audience might move from one platform to another, and we won't always be makeup enthusiasts. However, we might still need beauty products occasionally. Make sure you include all of us!

 

That's it for this chapter. I hope you find it useful, and see you in the next one! Xx 

 

Comments

Popular Posts